Monday, September 19, 2011

Praying and the Dishes

Donathen my love,
The other day I was singing as I did the dishes. It started out with the tunes that I know and like. "Aquarius", "Man I love" "Zing! Went the Strings of my Heart". Oldies but goodies. And the next thing I know I am trying to write a song-poem. And how it feels to be without you, even though i know in my heart of hearts that I will be with you again, and the words are not so important now, but the next thing I know in trying to explain this is that the hardest part of now is the not being with you in the flesh, simple as that. And tears are running down my face, and I realize that this is what it is like to pray. I miss ...
Your smell. Your embrace. Your laugh. Your warm skin. Your expression. Your dreads.
Your body. Your grace. Your smile. Everything that you were to me.
I can feel you. Even though i cannot touch you. And I can faintly hear you, although I know you cannot respond to me in the way that I want you to. With that amazingly unique voice. The timbre just so Donathen. No mistaking that voice anywhere.
And I have faith my darling that I will be with you again. I know that as sure as I know that I have all my fingers and toes. But the hard part -is time, and feeling all those minutes and hours that you simply cannot and will not be replaced. You are an original. No carbon copies were made when God made you my buster brown. My pea in a pod. My "D". There is no one on this earth right now that is you, or that ever will be you. This is why I cry. This is why I yearn to hold you in my arms. This is why my tears went up with the dish soap bubbles to God. And this is why I will always pray for you sweet man, no matter what part of the universe you reside in.

No comments:

Post a Comment